COVID-19 SAFETY MEASURES
The following changes have been made in accordance with guidance from the Centers for Disease Control (CDC), the California Department of Public Health (CDPH), and the California Medical Association (CMA) to protect our patients and staff.
As we move into the next phase of re-opening our offices, precautions are being taken to minimize the time spent in the office, while certain procedures can be safely resumed at this time. Our staff will be in contact to ask a few screening questions before your scheduled appointment. There may be additional questions when you arrive at our office.
WHAT YOU CAN EXPECT WHEN COMING TO THE OFFICE:
- Please remain in your car, and call or text 310-371-1388 when you arrive.
- No guests or visitors will be allowed to join patients in the office, except for parents of young children or caregivers for elderly or infirm patients.
- Most appointments with our physicians and nurse practitioner will be conducted via telemedicine visit using doxy.me. Please know that you will still receive the same standard of care you have come to expect from us.
- Your temperature will be checked by touch-free infrared thermometer prior to entering the office.
- If you are feeling ill, please let us know before driving to the office. If needed, you may be seen by telemedicine appointment instead.
- Our waiting room and exam rooms will no longer offer magazines, children’s toys, and other items that are difficult to clean. In most instances, your car will be your waiting room.
- High risk patients may be asked to remain in an exam room for observation following certain procedures.
- Please wear a face covering to protect yourself, other patients, and our staff (children under age 2 are exempted). While you may not feel you need a mask, it is important to wear one in case you are an asymptomatic carrier of the virus. Please help us protect our high-risk patients and staff.
- Staff in contact with patients will be wearing personal protective equipment (PPE).
- Scheduling of in-office procedures will be limited to minimize patient encounters with others.
- Check-in and check out will be handled remotely under most circumstances.
- To avoid in-office transactions, we will be asking to hold your credit card on file and will not charge the credit card until your insurance has paid its portion.
We look forward to seeing you again and are happy to answer any questions you may have. Most of all, thank you for being our patient. We value your trust and loyalty, and we look forward to welcoming you back to our office.
Your medical team at South Bay Allergy and Asthma Associates